I don't particularly like this one all that much. Critique it please?
Mediocre Madness
I can't help but think we have something special
I feel it in my heart and it can't be wrong
But life never goes that way
If only you were more helpful
playing with my heart like a game of ping pong
these feelings won't go away
For instance today
I decided to wait, but it was too long
I never saw myself as doubtful
I never heard you say hey
Its time for me to be strong
No more being careful
I can see your potential
I think we belong
Only to my dismay
My feelings could make this dreadful
This can't prolong
I guess you won't give me the time of day
The clock just ticks away
I wish I could go on
If only I were able
Able to tell you all I want to say
Maybe you might think this is a con
But I'm afraid of being rejected and miserable
You and me
How do you see me?
Am I the man I think I be?
Only you can tell me
Please show me what you see
I’ll believe what you ell me
Trust, it is our destiny
No wait, I am not he
You must be dreaming
What have you told me
This is not how I wanted it to be
I only loved you for he
Because we cannot be
He longs for me
I hold his key
Yet I have left him lonely
Hurt/Pain
As soon as we feel pain it is often described as hurt.
Feeling hurt and being hurt are two different things.
Most of us do not know this until later on.
I’ve been hurt before as most of us have and I’ve felt hurt too.
Sharing that we have been hurt is a difficult task.
When I was younger, I had fallen and hurt my elbow.
The pain was great but soon subsided.
I thought nothing of this pain as it didn’t last.
Surely I would hurt myself many times along the way.
Only I didn’t think others could hurt me as well.
Some hurt others without meaning to.
Other folks do it intentionally as they have been hurt too.
Being hurt by someone else is such a powerful pain.
That pain can last for days on end.
Even drive some to hurt themselves.
Being hurt like that isn’t cured by a pain reliever.
That type of pain is just simple.
Any kind of hurt can be easier for others to get over.
As we walk through life don’t be afraid of getting hurt.
Just be careful as to how hurt you become.



No comments:
Post a Comment